As I look back upon 2011, here are a few of my favorite things!
Favorite (Serious) Books I Read
1. A Nation Like No Other by Newt Gingrich
2. Second Guessing God: Hanging on When You Can't See His Plan by Brian Jones
3. One in a Million by Priscilla Shirer
4. Tell Your Heart to Beat Again by Dutch Sheets
5. The Church Awakening by Charles Swindoll
7. Courage and Consequence by Karl Rove
8. Original Intent: The Courts, The Constitution, and The Law by David Barton
9. Seeking Daily the Heart of God by Boyd Bailey
Favorite (Just for Fun) Books
The Summons by John Grisham
The Broker by Grisham
The Last Juror by Grisham
The Appeal by Grisham
Favorite New Movies of 2011
Favorite Family Entertainment at Home
Anne of Green Gables
The Road to Avonlea
Favorite Thing to Follow in the News
Newt Gingrich's campaign
Favorite Family Fun
1. Playing at home in our yard and with our yard toys (treehouse, swings, playhouse, barn, and trampoline).
3. Playing at the beach.
Favorite Purchases of 2011
1. Treehouse and swings for the kids
2. Deck for Tracey
Favorite Moments with Church
1. Praying with friends while planning and preparing for the new church.
2. Wednesday morning breakfasts with friends.
3. Our covenant-signing service in September.
Favorite Music I Enjoyed this Year
The St. Olaf Choir
Favorite Things that Fill Me When I am not Working!
1. Spending time with my family.
2. Writing and working on a book proposal.
3. Reading about law, politics, and the judiciary.
4. Following the political road to 2012.