Thursday, February 12, 2015

8 Mistakes I’ve Made in Marriage


Mark Merrill shares great insights from 25 years of marriage . . .

"I am so grateful for my 25 years of marriage to my wife, Susan.  My love for her has grown immensely over the years. I’ve been faithful to her. I’m very attracted to her.

But I can tell you that it’s not because of me. It’s only because of God’s loving hand of undeserved favor. You see, I’m just one decision away from doing something really stupid that could really damage, or perhaps even destroy, our relationship. And I can tell you that I've made plenty of mistakes in my marriage.

Here are eight marriage mistakes I've made:

Mistake #1: Thinking that Susan was responsible for my happiness.

In my early years of marriage, I felt like an important part of Susan’s duty as my wife was to make me happy. I was a bit more focused on me than on us. I didn't think so at the time, but now looking back, I relied on Susan to lift me up when I was down, to help me upon command, and to meet my physical needs when called upon."

Read the entire article by Mark Merrill here.

No comments:

Post a Comment