Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Morning Watch: Smith


Every morning, day in and day out, I get alone with God.  I would not dream of going to my office before first of all spending time alone with Him.  Nor would I attempt to carry on my church work without first meeting God, morning by morning.  Directly after breakfast I retire to my study, close the door, and there spend the first hour alone with God.  For over fifty years now I have observed the Morning Watch.  If God has used me in any way down through the years it is because I have met Him morning by morning.  I solve my problems before I come to them.  Without the Morning Watch my work would be ineffective.  I would be weak and helpless.  It is only when I wait upon Him that I become strong spiritually. 

- Oswald J. Smith, missionary statesman

No comments:

Post a Comment