Thursday, October 1, 2015

Why Honor My Pastor?


It surprised me recently to discover that in my blogging the past several years, the post read by the most people was one I wrote last year about Pastor Appreciation Month called Why Honor My Pastor?

That encouraged me.  My purpose in writing the post was to cause some pastors somewhere to be encouraged by their people.

The following is the beginning of the article:

Dick Lincoln once said, "Church at its best is as good as it gets, and church at its worst is as bad as it gets."  No one understands this reality more than pastors and their families.

Every October I consider writing a post about Pastor Appreciation Month.  However, being a pastor, it seems awkward.  John MacArthur said it well when teaching his church about honoring pastor-elders, "I feel a little bit awkward up here telling you that you need to honor elders of which I am one. Obviously I could be accused of a conflict of interests and I could also be accused of having a self-serving motive. So I want to put in an immediate disclaimer on any of those things. I'm trying to teach you the Word of God."

I will bite the bullet this year and write a post with the hope of eventually providing encouragement to
some man of God out there serving his church.  Hopefully, persons from other congregations will read it and the article will spur them on toward love and good deeds toward their pastors.

Read the entire article,
Why Honor My Pastor, here.


I will set this article to run all month at the top of the list in honor of Pastor Appreciation Month.

No comments:

Post a Comment