Thursday, January 21, 2016

Things I’ve Learned about Corporate Worship


Chuck Lawless offers 10 great insights about worshiping together with other believers . . .


Almost 35 years ago, I began pastoring my first church. I remember planning worship services, typing the order of worship, and praying the worship would go well. Since then, I’ve realized how little I knew about corporate worship at the time. Here are 10 things I’ve learned about worship since then.

  1. Worship is more than singing. For some wrong reason, I talked about the preaching event back then as if it were separate from the “worship.” I fear I inadvertently taught my church members the same error.
  2. Worship can be legitimately expressive. I was in the Philippines the first time I ever raised my hands in worship (a LONG way from my Baptist church in the U.S.—for which I was glad at the time). I know expression can get out of control, but there’s nothing unbiblical with worshiping God with all our being.


Read the entire article by Chuck Lawless here.

No comments:

Post a Comment