Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Pray the 7 ‘I Am’ Statements of Jesus


To some people, “Iams” is just a brand name for pet food. For others, it is a powerful and inspiring way to pray

One of the unique features of the fourth Gospel, written by John (the beloved disciple) a few decades after the Gospels of Matthew, Mark and Luke, is its singular structure, which is more thematic than chronological. And part of that structure is the inclusion of seven striking statements Jesus made, which have come to be called “The Seven I Ams.”

The first occurs in John 6:35, soon after Jesus miraculously fed a crowd of 5000 with a few loaves and fishes. He said: 


“I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.” (John 6:35, NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment